Tier 1 Consulting Company
- We create both rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full scale applications, typically within 2 to 3 months. We work collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web based and mobile applications that meet business goals in fast-paced, innovative and agile environments.
- As the senior back end software architect in the Australian digital team, you will be involved in leading agile implementation and transformation projects at Australia’s major companies. As a core member of the wider consulting team your responsibilities will range from shaping and
- Implementing strategic products, to ensure that our digital capabilities stay at the leading edge of technology.
- You will work closely with a small team of UX designers, front-end engineers and product managers to produce solutions that provide an exceptional user experience.
Desired Skills & Mindset
- You will have a real passion for software development and a strong understanding of key agile engineering practices to guide senior client IT leaders on improvement opportunities in their engineering practices.
- Engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous integration, testdriven development and incremental design should be second nature. You should be using testing frameworks such RSpec, JUnit or Selenium on a daily basis and writing code without tests should be unimaginable.
- Importantly, a successful candidate will not only be a good learner, but a good teacher. You will inspire your peers and more junior team members to learn and expand their skill set, guiding them in the right direction and coaching them along the way.
- Innovative and creative, you will preferably have contributed to open source projects, have participated in some technical community or interest group, or have written or spoken in public about your technical ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in software development
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and meeting objectives through technology
- Experience with building native iOS, Android or Windows apps
- Infrastructure knowledge including Single Sign On, LDAP, LAMP, Search Technologies
- Experiences of engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- DevOps knowledge including Vagrant, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Enjoys and gets energised by complex problem solving and has an ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and IT executives on technology decisions
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching / mentoring others
- Ability to work under pressure: to manage client expectations effectively and not be overwhelmed by client pressures on the team
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.